Junior Peace & Music Ambassador 2017
Become Our Next Cross-Cultural Music Representative!
The Competition's Two Age Categories
Upper Category: Age 15 to 18
Lower Category: Age 11 to 14
*New Category& New Award -Orchestral Concerto Accompaniment for Piano
2017 Competition Key Dates:
Final Audition on June 25, 2017 at Steinway Hall, New York
- Application will close May 30, 2017. Please have a plenty of lead time and avoid last minute entry.
- First screening results - by June 10, 2017. (New date!)
- Final Selection Audition:
- For Philadelphia areas - June 17 at Jacobs Music, Philadelphia
- For New York areas - June 25 at Steinway Hall, New York. Pleasese plan accordingly.
The selected winner will receive a feature spot at our Peace Concert in the fall 2017.
A monetaryprize of $300 for each category, and new award of $500 will be presented.
There will be a runner up if applicable.
Esteemed Judge Panel: (More Information on Panel Here)
Yoonhak Baek - conductor; Professor at Yeungnam University and Music Director of ConcertOPERA, Philadelphia. Hehas been invited to conduct renowned orchestras around the world.
Johan de Meij - conductor, trombonist and composer; well known for his Symphony No. 1 "Lord of Rings"; 2014 guest conductor of both The New York Wind Symphony and The Kyushu Wind Orchestra in Fukuoka, Japan.
Elemer Lavotha - principal cellist for Sweden Royal Philharmonic Orchestra; Member of Royal Academy of Music; professor at the Royal College of Music
Dr. Yeou-Cheng Ma - a Developmental Pediatrician and a musician. A graduate of Radcliffe College and Harvard Medical School, she works with children with developmental disorders in the Bronx and Queens, performs as a chamber musician, and teaches violin, viola, and chamber music. Executive Director of The Children's Orchestra Society, New York.
Dr. Inesa Sinkevych - Ukrainian born Inesa Sinkevych has established herself as one of the leading pianists of her generation. Professor at the Manhanttan School of Music, New York.
Misoon Ghim - Possessed of a powerful voice and striking stahe presence, Misoon Ghim has appeared on the stages of the New York City Opera, the Opera Company of Philadelphia and Opera Delaware.
Ohad Bar-David – cellist for the Philadelphia Orchestra; international chamber musician and cross-cultural performer; newest album Beyond Borders
New Special Category: Orchestra Concerto Accompaniment Category for Piano -
Aurax Award - Prize $500
We proudly announce Aurax's partnership with our Jr. Peace and Music Ambassador program. Applicants entering in the Orchestra Concerto Accompaniment Category for Piano will receive free access to Aurax's music libraries. Aurax uses innovative technology to allow musicians to practice with an orchestra accompaniment from their mobile device. Harmony For Peace will provide a free subsription access for Aurax, please contact us. For more information on Aurax, please visit auraxmusic.com
Please follow these steps for your submission:
- Please fill out the form using this link.
- Lower Age Category - You must be between the ages of 11 and 14
- Upper Age Category - You must be between the ages of 15 and 18
- REQUIREMENTS to include on the application form:
- A note of permission from your guardian, i.e. parents.
- A minimum of 3 years of music instruction. Your instrumental teacher(s).
- Categories - string, piano, brass/wind, voice, and orchestral concerto
- A recording of your playing your instrument on a video tape. It must be a high-quality video recording lasting no more than 5 minutes. It must be of an individual performance in a private setting. (High quality recording on an iPhone is acceptable.)
- Your heritage/culture that you represent.
- A paragraph on what peace means to you and how a musician can play a role in peace and friendship.
- Application Fee - a $50 processing fee with your submission. The entrant will also receive a concert ticket of one of our premier concerts of choice. Please mail a check to P.O. Box 2165, Southeastern, PA 19399.
- For a credit card payment: Make a Payment here.
Important tip for uploading video file
- If you don't already have one, you will need to create a google account. Please upload your video in a google drive.
- Email us for requesting an access to Auraxmusic category as we can guide through the use.
- Create a new folder and title it fullname.instrument.date (ex: KristinKownacky.brass.7/21). Add your video to this folder, the name on the video the same as the folder. Your video should be the only thing in the folder.
- Please add our email email@example.com to share a link of your video on a google drive. Or send us the link of the video upload.
- Invite firstname.lastname@example.org to view the folder.
- That's it! We've got it from here. We will accept your invitation shortly, and will begin the judging process.
Our appreciation to: